In this week’s episode, Shanice talks about common self-care mistakes that hold a lot of us back. Self-care is often associated with expensive trips or luxurious massages. But honestly, self-care can be a lot more simple than that, and self-care is different for everyone. Listen to this episode to find out if you’re making these self-care mistakes and how you can be introspective about charting your own path toward well-being. Let’s leave these self-care mistakes in 2020, so we can start the New Year prioritizing our peace!
- Not defining self-care for you.
- Not being consistent with self-care.
- Assuming you don’t have time for self-care.
- Trying to avoid being perceived as selfish.
- Black Feminist Thought by Patricia Hill Collins
- The Crunk Feminist Collective by Brittney C. Cooper, Susana Morris, Robin M. Boylorn